We use our expertise to answer the question.Are you worrying about last-minute prep in your Meta accounts? Here are seven tips to help maximize your paid social returns during the biggest shopping day(s) of the year.
- Fill your sponge. Start by spending 80-90% of your budget on prospecting. Once your sales begin, your remarketing pool will balance out.
- Have a great offer. Run a sale that piques the shopper’s interest. We recommend running at least a “30% Off” promotion. Any offer that’s below a 20% discount most consumers can find better somewhere else. We’ve also found that percentages work better than dollar amounts.
- Ensure variety with your sales ads. This is your chance to really show off your skills. Make sure you have different variations of your sales ads so Meta’s AI has a little bit of everything to work with. Stills, GIFs, videos, collections, carousels, product catalogs with borders—everything. The more variety you have, the better.
- Increase your budgets. Before your sale starts, consider doubling or tripling your budget. Setting your budget way higher than you actually want allows you to spend competitively. Besides, it’s always easier to pull back on spend if it’s too high and providing desired results.
- Don’t pull back on your spend too early. You need to spend money to make money. Don’t pull back spend on your accounts too early because shoppers are ready and willing to make purchases on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you pull back spend too early, you may not see as much of a return as you would have otherwise.
- Ramp up lifetime budgets. Keep your lifetime budgets at-the-ready when you start to see success in your Meta account. Once you see success in your campaigns using daily budgets, turn on those lifetime budgets and have them set to be just one day at a set budget. When you do this, you’ll start maximizing more spend in your account and seeing all those returns.
- Have fun! This is the best time of year for a paid social buyer—so have fun while you can! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a combined Wild West, but consumers are ready to purchase. Make sure shoppers purchase your products on your accounts and sites rather than those of your competition.